[PLUG] [COMMERCIAL] Business Productivity- TnE, Project Tracking,

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 20:21:05 IST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM, ar9774 at yahoo.com <ar9774 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking for the following and would appreciate some guidance from the
> group.
>
> 1. Time and Expense Management Software
> 2. Project Tracking / Management
> 3. Invoicing
> 4. Calendar
>
> This must be able to run on Web frontend basically LAMP type applications to be
> hosted behind company firewall compatible with CentOS.
>
> Please respond if you need more details. Thanks to all.

You have not mentioned whether you have searched for groupware apps?
There are plenty; see here for a review of few of them
<http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/7289/1/>

I have eval'd egroupware and it is powerful.  Setting it up takes a
bit of planning and requires some hands on training for the end user.

Groupoffice claims a billing module
<http://www.group-office.com/Features>.    I have no personal
experience with the package.

Alternately,  CRM packages have similar features and may include
invoicing modules.

Do let us know what you have tried and your experience.

HTH
-- Arun Khan