[PLUG] Wvdial and OpenDNS

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:48:58 IST 2011

> some
> >>
> >> * edit wvdial.conf
> >> * add Auto DNS = off
> >>

> > Been there done that, does not work :(
>
>  Check your /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial and see if the line starting with
> "usepeerdns" is commented. This line should be commented for auto dns
> to stop working.

I have done that too.

This is what is there in the resolv.conf

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

I tried looking for resolver and resolvconf but could not find any thing
useful

regards
Dexter