[PLUG] Acer laptop MoBo crash; rtcwake?

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:51:33 IST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> Recently my laptop (Acer) crashed.
>
> It boots fine though no USB device on it works (that includes
> internal/external kbd/mouse etc), network doesn't work.
>
> The power button interrupt triggers a clean shutdown.

Have you tried booting your laptop using any live CD and checked if
those ports are really working or faulty.

I do not believe the support/service centre guys. They may not have
checked your machine with some other disk or a test jig.

Confirming the fault on your own by trying various options is the only choice.

Regards
-Sudhanwa