[PLUG] Buffalo routers, anyone tried?

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Mon May 16 23:12:13 IST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:

>  Thanks. Where in Mumbai? Lamington Rd.? Any specific place that will have
> a lot of options?

Prime ABGB at Lamington Road.

> This revision thing is tricky. Mostly it is printed on the device, not on
> the package. (When I bought a linksys router last time I had to return it
> just for this reason after opening it. But some vendors won't even accept
> that.) How did you manage to confirm that you are getting the one you
> wanted?

Don't worry about it. Only Revision 'b1' is available now, the older
revision 'a' isn't available in the market. Even if you get it, you're fine
since the revision 'a' is supported by dd-wrt since a long time. Only thing
is it has half RAM and storage.

BTW, DD-WRT page I just checked suggests B1 is not supported for above
> router.

Which page? You might have checked the wiki, which hasn't been updated as
yet since the support for this router isn't stable as yet but the work is
very much under way. You can check the supported devices here
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

> I also find that it supports a no of 3G USB modems. That's nice.

Yes, it does. But, I am not sure if the current dd-wrt build supports 3G
yet.

Also, there seems to be a bug in the latest dd-wrt release for this version
which isn't allowing my phone to connect to the router using wireless N. I
am only able to use wireless G.

--
With Regards,
Mehul Ved