[PLUG] Fedora 16: Stuck after upgrade

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Wed Nov 9 23:35:01 IST 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 09:22:03PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Upgraded to F16 from F15 using upgrade option.
>
> On booting it drops to a shell prompt after some message saying it did not
> find the device /dev/disk/by-uuid/<uuid>
>
> If I do blkid, actually the device indicated by uuid above exists. Not
> sure why above error message.
>
> Tried doing a few obvious checks in /etc/grub2/grub.cfg and /etc/fstab.
> uuids in both these files look alright to me.

Refreshed the installation (ran upgrade once again). Nothing got installed
as expected and just boot loader config was redone. It's solved now.

First impression of grub2 is BAD!..

Earlier I could boot my external drive on any m/c. Now it boots only on
the machine where installation was carried out - I mean despite use of
UUIDs...

Mayuresh.