[PLUG] Setting up and supporting FOSS lab for a school

Puneeth Chaganti punchagan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:28:59 IST 2011

Hello,

Divesh, an alumnus of my alma-mater and a fellow at Teach for India,
is currently working at a Government School in Pune teaching students
of Class IV.  Amongst other things, he intends to setup a Computer
lab, for the students there.

I and a friend of mine got in touch with him, and tried to convince
him to setup a FOSS lab. He is open to the option, but has a few
concerns.

1) Help with setting up Linux and other tools/software
2) Support and Troubleshooting help.
3) Basic Training Helping the teachers, so that they will be able to
teach the students

I live in Mumbai and can come down on a few weekends, but I think it
would be great if someone from Pune could help. Would anybody on the
LUG here, be interesting in helping out with any of these?  Please get
back to Divesh (cc-ed) or me.

Thanks,
Puneeth