[PLUG] Setting up and supporting FOSS lab for a school

Puneeth Chaganti punchagan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:36:52 IST 2011

Swapnil,

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 06:58 PM, Puneeth Chaganti wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Divesh, an alumnus of my alma-mater and a fellow at Teach for India,
>> is currently working at a Government School in Pune teaching students
>> of Class IV.  Amongst other things, he intends to setup a Computer
>> lab, for the students there.
>
> Puneeth,
>
> I can help encourage his FOSS move. If he does decide to set up PCs with
> FOSS we will do an exclusive case-study/story on his school and his
> deployment in Muktware.com.

After some good response from the PLUG members and Divesh's own
exploration of the FOSS world, he did decide to set-up a FOSS based
lab!  Divesh or I will keep you posted on this.

> How about getting in touch with Canonical team, do they offer support in
> India?

I haven't explored this option, given that some individual volunteers
have come forward to help.

Thanks,
Puneeth