[PLUG] Help-needed for Configuring bash

Ajoy Kumar Thapa ajaykthapa at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:02:24 IST 2011

Dear all,

I am presently working on early linux kernel 0.01.

I have studied the source code and presently able to compile it [under present gcc] and run it under bochs.

I transferred the kernel Image to floppy and also created a minix partition in real harddisk.

When I am trying to run the kernel Image [from floppy] in read hardware, the kernel booting  goes fine.

It also load the shell "/bin/sh" in memory.

However, then it gives some "general protection fault" error.

I need help to resove this issue.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks and regards

Ajoy Kumar Thapa