[PLUG] Why I'm a Pirate!

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Tue Jan 31 10:02:40 IST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/26 म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>:
> "If you were selling hotdogs and you started losing money, would you
> continue selling hotdogs at a loss for 10 straight years? The reason I
> ask is because I looked at some of the industries own numbers and it
> baffles me. If online file-sharing is killing these industries, why
> would they keep producing more content? And I'm sure someone is going
> to pull out a study showing trends in per-capita spending adjusted for
> inflation versus discretionary income per single-family residence that
> shows the entertainment industry is in a bleak position, but that's
> not what I'm after. If nobody is buying buggy-whips, you don't
> increase production year after year. Yet over the last 10 years:

Perhaps you have not met a old thinking type shop owner (or a
producer) who think he is going to keep doing the same thing till
death becomes him/her.  And then there are usual marketting
adventurers who keep using that as their main interest is to stoke or
keep the fire from being extinguished...  which I am pointing again as
a perspective and there may be more...

> from another comprehensive write up on this topic
> https://www.insightcommunity.com/step2/311/why-i-pirate-an-open-letter-to-content-creators

>> true path is somewhere in the middle... the self reasonsing and being
>> sensible is usually the correct approach.

I have not traversed the link you provided simply because it is not my
focus area, usually being considerate about other humans (or **human
machines**, please note!) gives us enough insight for our own
self-development and that is THE angle which probably "Why I am a
Pirate" kind of mentality propoganda may miss...

As usual that is the typical message given by "Viewer Discretion is
Advised" on the movie certifications.

> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

There is also a case to keep reminding that **self**, that you are
still bound to follow the laws that were created by obtaining or by
abstinance of your covetted VOTE!
Nobody gives you any right to just start throwing tantrums just
because you have a valid and logical case for improvement, it still
needs to be brought up before the people in a manner that is provided
by the statutory framework drafted by your and everybody's ancestors
who designed current system of governance!
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?