[PLUG] Android questions

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Thu Nov 8 08:58:18 IST 2012

Well I finally and quite unwillingly (as I preferred a proper Linux device
always) bought an Android phone - Samsung S or something like that.

It's quite unlike Linux and I feel quite lost in some unknown territory ..
as of now.

Firstly I hope it's alright to ask for help on Android in this forum.

Secondly I hope, unless it's too specific to a phone, the question can be
posed as an Android question.

This device has Android version 4.x.

My first hurdle is not being able to set a static IP address on wifi
network. The moment I select between DHCP/static as static, the connect
button grays out and remains gray even after making all the entries.

<flame>
Can't stop but feel N900, despite shortcomings, is easily the best phone
like device every produced by anyone ...
</flame>

Mayuresh.