[PLUG] [ Kernel Build ] 2.6.32, 3.2.0

Sunil Beta Baskar betasam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:58:18 IST 2012

On 9 November 2012 12:57, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The agenda is to build
> > kernel 2.6.32 (from the 2.6 series)
> > kernel 3.2.0 (from the 3.2 series)
> >

> Any particular reason for 2.6.32 and 3.2.0 v/s the "latest" (or close
> to the latest kernels) available in respective series?
>
> From the version numbers above, it appears the target distro is Debian
> Squeeze and Wheezy respectively.

Yes, Arun that would be the motivation. These kernels are stable and don't
have regression bugs during a build. As we want to have a successful build
exercise I wouldn't want it impeded by issues with the source tree.

I am also planning to have a mastered image that has both source trees and
compilers for those who may not have the time to bring a build machine
over.

Thanks for Asking.

Beta