[PLUG] Need volunteers to make Ubuntu 10.04 live cd/usb with custom software in it

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 13:44:27 IST 2012

Hi folks,

As discussed earlier here, we have installed Debian GNU/Linux on lab
systems of Hutatma Rajaguru school in Pandav Nagar with help from many
volunteers from here (Anand, Aditya, Chitra, Sagar to name a few). There
are some systems there running with N Computing's proprietary thin client
technology (based on there X550 PCI card with 5 network ports and network
monitors from LG - monitors have embedded firmware and are connected to a
server with network cables). We are trying to make it work with Free
Software, but that will take time and looking to run their proprietary
vSpace software to get it to work. But that software is available only for
Ubuntu 10.04 and we cannot install anything on those systems. So we need an
Ubuntu 10.04 live cd/usb with vSpace software in it. We will also need some
more software on it like tux typing, tux paint and gcompris. Let us know if
anyone is interested to help us with this task.

Cheers
Praveen