[PLUG] How to update mozilla in ubuntu

Raju D. Vindane rajuvindane at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:12:12 IST 2012

On Saturday 20 October 2012 10:29 AM, "Arun Khan (???? ????/???? ???)"
wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Mayur pimple <mayurpimple12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>> Please help me to update mozilla in ubuntu.
> Be specific as to what you are looking for:
>
> To the best of my knowledge Mozilla is a foundation and under it's
> aegis there is the Firefox web browser and Thunderbird email client.
>
> -- Arun Khan

As rightly said by Arun we should be specific to what we are asking?

But most probably Mayur is looking for Mozilla Firefox updating in Ubuntu.

Mayur its pretty easy to do via terminal on Ubuntu.
Just enter these commands in terminal and you would be good to go.

1. Open terminal

///
Enter Yes for upcoming prompts and / Enter Yes for upcoming prompts and
/ Enter Yes for upcoming prompts and /
2. type this command [You can also copy and paste these commands]

/sudo apt-get update/

     Enter your password after it and press enter. And this is necessary
to update the package manager to check for the latest version of
installed Software's.
     This command will not upgrade your system, it will just check for
the latest available updates.
3. When updation of the system is complete enter this command in terminal.

/sudo apt-get install firefox
/
Enter Yes for upcoming prompts and the terminal will download and
install the latest stable build of Mozilla Firefox on your system./
/
This is probably the most easy method to update firefox in my opinion.
Reply back for any problems.