[PLUG] Re Cheese

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:39:54 IST 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Sudheer Bedekar
<sudheerbedekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Here is the output of two commands.
>
> sudheer at ADA:~$ lspci

... snip ...

The information regarding the webcam is not in the lspci output.   As
Beta pointed out it should show up in 'lsusb' output.

Share the output for 'lsusb'

> sudheer at ADA:~$ lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by

... snip ...
> uvcvideo               67271  0
> videodev               85626  1 uvcvideo

... snip ...

A quick compare with similar lines for my laptop shows

<lsmod>

uvcvideo               72627  0
videodev               98259  1 uvcvideo
v4l2_compat_ioctl32    17128  1 videodev

</lsmod>

I don't know if "v4l2_compat_ioctl32" module.

Alternately, you should be able to see /dev/video0 if your webcam
driver is functioning properly.   Absence of this device suggest the
hardware is not well supported even though lsmod shows modules loaded
for it.

Best,
-- Arun Khan