[PLUG] Still no _good_ devnagari terminal in sight?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Tue Dec 3 21:10:53 IST 2013

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 08:46:26PM +0630, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> eh. It definitely bumps with ????,??????,????????? and backspacing thr. them shifts
> characters weirdly. not to mention unneeded spacing that it adds.
>

> Its not that it does not work. Just that it is like driving fast over spead
> breakers.

Oops, your this post comes a little too late! I went ahead and started
installing konsole. On NetBSD it meant a download of 150MB qt-everywhere
and whole night of compilation time.

Nevertheless I am continuing with it. Last time I tried konsole on NetBSD
it was just crashing on opening. Curious whether things have improved.

Have you tried mlterm? It didn't work for me, though there is good
feedback about it in various forums.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mayuresh.