[PLUG] Would stopping support for XP backfire on Microsoft?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:33:39 IST 2013

Hi

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Arun Khan  wrote:

> On the FOSS side of the coin -- RHEL4/CentOS4 (picked as an example)
> has been EoL and it's last incarnate most likely will not have drivers
> for the new servers in the market today.

Not quite.  Red Hat supports RHEL 4 still via the extended lifecycle till
28 February 2015.   Refer to
https://access.redhat.com/site/support/policy/updates/errata/.   Also Red
Hat frequently does backport drivers for hardware for an extended period of
time but I do agree that MS has provided more than enough support for XP
and it is high time people move on to something more recent

Rahul