[PLUG] Looking to get certificate in Ethical Hacking and Digital Security

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:22:29 IST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any Ethical Hacking courses supported by
> Government Of India. Or any other good certification that is recognized by
> Industry.

Which platform(s)?

IMO, SANS (www.sans.org) is a global org. and they have the most
comprehensive program on security.  Plus their certs. are recognized
globally. However, they are on the expensive side.

Other local programs, beware.   Ask a lot of questions; some are
Windows centric with cursory coverage on Linux.  Write your cheque
after talking to past alumni of the programs.

Alternately, get involved with the Club Hack group and learn hands on
from some of the experts (they are located in Pune).
Backtrack distro is specialized in this area; many of the tools are
integrated into the Live ISO image.  I would say it is a good place to
start learning about security and forensics.

Best.
-- Arun Khan