[PLUG] 3G pocket router performance / config issue?

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे mandarvaze at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:12:28 IST 2013

> If it is a router issue, I am willing to replace the router, though not
> sure whether new breed of 3G routers would be as reliable as old
> workhorses like WRT54GL/WRT160NL that I have. Difficult to assess that
> from specs before buying. So would appreciate first hand feedback.

Couple years ago - we used EDIMAX router that supported Wireless protocol
"N" and also had 3G router functionality via 3G Dongle.
We used to have reliance broadband connected to this router, but if wired
braodband was down for a sometime, we used the same router with the 3G
dongle.

We never faced any problems (We had only handful of machine like your setup)

Unfortunately I don't remember the model number (It was at least 2 years
ago - so the model we used may not even be available anymore)
The cost was around 6.5K at that time

-Mandar