[PLUG] [OT] You broadband in Pune

Vikas Damodar Garud vikas at techqual.com
Tue Mar 5 10:13:23 IST 2013

On Monday 04 Mar 2013 10:01:57 PM Mayuresh wrote:
> Saw a big advertisements in newspapers today for 50MBPS/50GB connection
> for around 2000/- pm by above ISP.
>
> Their website doesn't seem to have this plan though.
>
> I am actually looking for an ISP with reliable connection with no
> downtime. Not so much interested in such a high speed.
>
> Looking for feedback if someone has used this ISP.

I had poor experience.  I tried this for three months period (So called
hurricane pack) about 6 months back.  My experiences:

1.  There was supposed to be a free gift - usb drive/headphone set - for
online booking.  It never came and my mails and calls remained unanswered.

2.  The speed was supposed to be 12 MBPS.  It never went beyond 5 MBPS.
Usually hovered around 3-3.5 MBPS.  Measured on bandwidthplace.com and
speedtest.net.  Complaint mails remained unanswered and calls did not provide
any help.

3.  The connection stopped working two days before expiry date.  I'm flooded
with reconnection mails and phones.  However, There is no response to mails
and complaint calls do not yield any answers.

These are too trivial for Consumer forum :-(

The only thing in support, the connection did not fail any time during the
three month period.  But, I've BSNL dataone connection for last 6/7 years and
it failed only two times during this period and the call centre directed me to
technical team and the connection was restored fairly quickly (about a day).

My experience with BSNL is good - though the speeds are limited.  (My
connection is for 512 KBPS and I routinely get this speed.)

HTH
Vikas Garud