[PLUG] Online storage options?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Nov 18 09:02:51 IST 2013

Thanks for the suggestions. Please see below.

> Amazon S3?

Sounds good, though NetBSD driver seems challenging as per my web search.

> -- OR --
> Buy a web hosting service with your desired storage with ssh option.
> You may have to encrypt at file level.
>
> -- OR --
> A VPS with desired storage.  ssh

Thanks. Will search. If you know any good ones, please do suggest.

Also any techniques known by which I do not need encryption at a file
level?

Probably if you get a virtual server itself, you can create encrypted FS.
Not sure about options available. Also it might turn out to be costlier
than "just storage".

Alternatively a local replica can be maintained that forms encrypted
chunks of files. Even for that if any filesystem provides builtin support
it would be nice.

Mayuresh.