[PLUG] Online storage options?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Nov 18 19:02:21 IST 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 09:31:10AM +0630, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> After your mail, I did a quick search and it seems, 500GB dedicated server is
> about 10-11K/- INR per month. See if thats within your budget. That could be
> bit higher end than you desire.

Yes it is on higher side, but so is the space. I'd consider beginning with
10GB and grow over time.

> > Also any techniques known by which I do not need encryption at a file
> > level?
>
> Loop back encrypted mount? I would still prefer file level encryption. With
> some effort, it can be automated.

Like keeping a local encrypted replica of each file and syncing this
replica with remote?

I was thinking of "encrypted chunks", not necessarily 1:1 with files. May
be in future I'll hire 2 such services and split the chunks such that from
a single service retrieving contents is impossible.

(No I don't have something of that high importance. But it will be a joy
being able to do so!)

Mayuresh.