[PLUG] 12" or smaller laptop for linux

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे mandarvaze at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 08:28:47 IST 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Is anyone using any 12" or smaller size laptop with Ubuntu or Fedora or
> CentOS? I want to purchase one and the purpose is as follows:
>
>    - Base OS will be Ubuntu 14.04
>    - I want to run virtualbox in it and will have 3 Red HAT(or 2RH +1
>    CentOS) systems running in it
>    - I Want to study puppet and RH cluster in this environment
>    - The other purpose is to prepare presentation and read PDFs
>
> Reason to go for 12" or smaller is to keep price at minimum and maximum
> battery backup.

This seems like the search of unicorn :)
IMO - 12" would give portability (possible lower price than others - but
how much low ?)
But I am doubtful it will have enough memory to run virtualbox (even if one
guest OS at a time)
If you want more memory, you may lose price advantage if any.

Having said that - if you indeed found a good laptop, that meets most (if
not all) of your requirements - do share your findings.
It will be helpful to lot of people

-Mandar