[PLUG] Linux Journal Readers' choice awards 2013

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Jan 4 12:04:36 IST 2014

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 12:24:36AM +0530, Mandar Vaze / ????? ??? wrote:
> > appears a yesteryears' favorite now with mere 4.8% share. (I use mutt and
> > feel like an endangered species... danger of being driven away to some
> > corner of an archaeological museum, with no idea about my wrongdoing.)
> >

> In case of techie - wrongdoing could be "not moving with times"

More than time, it's just a preference divide.

When I chose mutt, thunderbird, kmail, evolution, webmail all existed and
I tried nearly all of them as well. Switching to mutt was a choice rather
than old habit, which I have never resented.

I definitely keep my setup evolving, where keeping with times means
looking for better and better ways to manage the ever exploding
information, reducing manual intervention to minimum possible level. For
me, mutt (or for that matter a no of text applications) are a _platform_
rather than an application, on which I can build my own application fairly
quickly.

I don't insist this to suit everyone. It's a subjective matter and hence
not a flame war.

Mayuresh.