[PLUG] [OT][Internship] Internship opportunity at Red Hat, Bangalore office

Neependra Khare neependra.khare at gmail.com
Fri May 23 15:51:40 IST 2014

*Company description*
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and
contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing
technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500
company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud,
together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and
implementation services.

*Job summary*
This intern position consists of working with the Performance Engineering
team on performance characterization and tuning of :-
- Red Hat Storage Product (Gluster), which is a distributed file system
capable of scaling to several petabytes and handling thousands of clients.
- Red Hat Openstack, which is infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering
of Red Hat
- Linux file-systems like Btrfs, XFS etc.

*Du**ration *
3-4 Months

*Location *
Bangalore, India

*Stipend *
INR 15000/ per month

*Primary Job Responsibilities*
- Run various workloads
- Develop tools to automate the work
- Analyze results
- Produce and present meaningful content to influence engineering to
improve performance in key areas for the products

*Required skills*
- Have a disciplined approach toward performance testing
- Good analytical skills
- Some level of familiarity with Linux and Open Source Software
- Being RHCE and knowledge of shell script , python is a plus

*Contact Person *
Lazar Selvarasu <lselvara at redhat.com> <lselvara at redhat.com>

Neependra
www.neependra.net