[PLUG] Namaste

Vikas Tara vik at hamaralinux.org
Tue Sep 2 15:07:00 IST 2014

On 25/08/14 06:11, Harish wrote:

>  Forgive me for being a bit of a party pooper but,
>  What does it achieve, what are its goals ?
No problem, ask anything you feel like.

The website will be up shortly with some answers
>  Is it an "Indian OS" for the sake of being one, cant you collaborate
> with bosslinux ?
Hamara is intended to be much more than an OS
>  Will it have commercial interests ?
It has a business model behind it so that the community can survive and
earn from it
>  Can you fill in the blanks for me:
>  Tails  is a security focussed "OS"
>  Knoppix is for "recovery"
A focal point for a community of people who want to share in a better
future, starting with OUR machines. Why not spend some time, what do you
have to lose?

These have always been hamara ways, recently it's called open source.