[PLUG] My Point Is Very Clear In Petition (I did not expect technical discussion)

pavithran s pavi.eu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 21:57:41 IST 2015

There are many points in the discussion. Technical or not they are
valid and some of them come from people who had quite some experience
dealing with GNU/Linux distributions and some also interact with Govt
organisations.

What you are suggesting is a good cause but no one is that hopeful (
as far as I can see ) . Next thing you need to do is contact the Boss
people and get their website up. No its not some conspiracy theory
that their site is down. I remember that CDAC hosts it somewhere in
India which means it has many chances of going down ( no disrespect to
Indian hosts ) . I remember they were also down two years back for no
reason. Go to IRC , if you are lucky at Freenode #boss-nrcfoss was the
channel of communication maybe you can find them.

Yes the IT policy "recommends" open source and they will twist it such
a way and call it "open standards" , it has been happening since many
years and I don't think it would change such easily as there are big
businesses lobbying for big contracts and this govt is really gaga
over big business.

Regards,
Pavithran