[Plug-mail] Any 10" tablets with root privileges by default?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Feb 28 12:57:59 IST 2015

I use a 10" android tablet (Micromax P500, android 4.0.4) mainly for
reading.

As my reading queue grew, I had to add an external microsd card to the
device.

To my shock and utter disappointment I found that I can't write to microsd
card on android tablet. [ For now, I insert the microsd card in a SD card
adapter, then insert that into a SD card - USB adapter, connect to my
computer's USB port to copy files to it and I do not particularly enjoy
this, as so far I used to rsync from the tab itself using Terminal IDE
application. ]

I don't need "apps" that "send" files to microsd. I need to just restore
my rsync method as described above.

May be rooting the device will provide some way. But I am not inclined to
take risks or spending hours to try and root the device. Most of the
methods to root a device seem to require Windows and I don't have one. I
also read feasibility and success of rooting varies from device to device.

Wonder any devices in 10" space exist which are rooted by default. Even
better if they are Linux devices.

Mayuresh.