[PLUG] Github, pastebin blocked

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 06:53:15 IST 2015

On 1 Jan 2015 01:59, "Vikas Tara" <vik at hamaralinux.org> wrote:

> On 31/12/14 14:19, Nishit Dave wrote:
>>

>> * Overheard at an upmarket mall: "C'mon beta, why should we buy that DVD?
>> I'll download the movie for you!" Awesome parenting.
>
> Rather than
>
> "C'mon beta, let's buy that DVD for an over inflated price and allow
these corporations to maintain the status quo
> of their backward/dated but high profit generating proprietary media
format whilst simultaneously pretending it's all about the
> poor artists revenue."

If you don't agree to their pricing, don't buy it. Has anybody been
appointed Grand Vizier of determining who has the right to charge how much,
for how long, etc.?

> To which beta might reply
>
> "C'mon dad, let's download it instead because eventually the media moguls
might realise, give up on their crappy format and create a
> decent streaming alternative because the technology to do it is already
10 years old"

If you get out of your fortified little world of pet notions some day, you
might realise that the person who finds a DVD to be an unnecessary expense
may also find the cost of streaming media excessive, and we aren't even
speaking of that other grouse, further curbs on consumer rights under a
streaming / digital distribution model.