[PLUG] Need information on Linux Compatible Laptops

Pravin Dhayfule pravin at dhayfule.com
Thu Jun 18 10:46:55 IST 2015

Hi,

Gone are those days when we could get Laptops free from pre-installed OS.
These days none of the new laptops in India are available with/without OS.
All offer Windows 8.x as mandatory OS. I do not want to take the pain of
first spending for an unnecessary OS and then reformat and install Ubuntu
on it. Secondly the problem with Secure Boot scares me. Finally even after
passing through these torments what if the hardware does not have Linux
support.

I plan to buy a new Laptop, but do not want to go through these pains. I
just need to know if there is any dealer in Pune (or online) who can help
me out in buying an OS Free laptop that has support for Linux Distros may
be Debian based.

Regards
*Pravin Balaji Dhayfule*

*Free & Open Source Software oriented IT Solutions ConsultantAuthor: Planet
Soulance - The Civilisation of Souls
<http://www.planetsoulance.com>Personal Blog: http://www.dhayfule.com
<http://www.dhayfule.com> Services Website: http://www.cybrent.biz
<http://www.cybrent.biz>**Contact Number: +91 9867647412*