[PLUG] PLUG meeting washed out due to unseasonal rains

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Oct 12 14:04:15 IST 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 01:57:26PM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> the Mumbai based.  This year, I have gone through seven interns since
> early summer trying to inculcate a different approach to doing things.
>   To avoid dealing with "baggage" I had selected fresh grads.
> Regrettably  none of them made the cut.  It wasn't access to
> information or lack of coaching but more to do with status quo set by
> their seniors and peers.  It was astonishing that most of them were
> willing to shell out Rs. 50K and above for .Net and JAVA programs from
> the incumbent training institutes.

Sounds very familiar. Very very rarely we come across people with
creativity, willing to learn, do things differently. Majority is just a
trend follower. Following trend is also not a problem, if you know why you
are following it. They just do so because their seniors or elders told so.

I remember interviewing intern who uttered the word "Java" nearly 10 times
in a 2/3 minute conversation emphasizing that she doesn't want
anything else ever. Her sole aim is to code in Java.

I have nothing against Java, but a closed mindset worries me.

Mayuresh