[PLUG] PLUG meeting washed out due to unseasonal rains

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:19:41 IST 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 2:37 AM, G Karunakar <karunakar at fontserv.in> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:00:36 +0530
> Gaurav Pant wrote:
>
> > Interestingly I and few others did not receive the mails of PLUG
> > meet announcement. If others have not recieved the same please
> > notify about the same here.
>
> <snip> I found one of my gmail id getting a bounce notice from list,
> ie. id being unsubscribed due to excessive bounces.
> I think the issue would be with majority folks using gmail ids or
> mail based on it, when new post mail goes out, it apparently hits
> some gmail limit on how many mail a host can send over to google mail
> servers, so it is probably rejecting for some ids, while our mail
> server keeps trying to successfully send to everyone.

Just wanted to lend my +1 to this. I am receiving mails from various other
groups that I'm subscribed to as well as PLUG, and yet I got a warning that
mails are bouncing. So, it very well may be the case that list subscribers
didn't actually get the invite. That said, I myself have received the
meeting email :)

-- Ram