[PLUG] [X-Post] Fwd: [ILUG-BOM] Jordan Hubbard & Kovid Goyal on Open Source

Thin Rhino thinrhino at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 10:21:12 IST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rushabh Mehta <rmehta at gmail.com>
Date: 23 October 2015 at 22:13
Subject: [ILUG-BOM] Jordan Hubbard & Kovid Goyal on Open Source
To: "GNU/Linux Users Group, Mumbai, India" <linuxers at mm.ilug-bom.org.in>

Hello everyone,

Jordan Hubbard (co-creator) of FreeBSD was here couple of weeks ago to talk
on open source. He had lots of wisdom + pragmatic advice on open source.
What really got me was the fact that he was reading and writing thousands
of emails a day at the peak of his involvement. We always tend to
under-estimate the amount of energy put in by the founding members / core
teams of successful projects.

Here is the talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyo7ji4fwJs&list=PL3lFfCEoMxvxxZY1gTmfB2bj6DMVcHOp3&index=2

Our very own, Kovid Goyal also gave an insightful talk on how he sustains
the Calibre project along with lots of useful tips. Again its just
inspiring to see the amount of impact a single person / small team can make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTdV_6SRZ0&list=PL3lFfCEoMxvxxZY1gTmfB2bj6DMVcHOp3&index=3

Would recommend both the talks to all open source enthusiasts.

And rest of the talks at the ERPNext Conference on the play list if you are
interested. We hope more teams come forward to host such events.

Happy weekend!

best,
Rushabh

"Ship is safe at harbor but it is not made for that."