[PLUG] [JOB] Offering 5-8 lacs freshers (higher for experienced) in Linux/C/C++/Golang with 50% open-source dev.

Dennis Francis dennisfrancis.in at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 23:45:28 IST 2015

Hi All,

To get an idea of who we are please take a look at our community efforts at
http://www.ldcs.co.in/#community . Also please see the
http://www.ldcs.co.in/talks/ILUGC-talk1.odp
for the well-attended talk we presented last week at Chennai Linux user
group (ILUG-C)
on the public server we set up, because we knew there might be FOSS
enthusiasts
who want to contribute but lack the resources to set up their personal
Libreoffice Linux Dev environment.

Full details on the job offer follow - or if you just want to get an
account on the LO Dev Server and start hacking,
let us know and we will be happy to mentor you :

Position : DevOps Engineer
Type : Full time, permanent

About the work

Our applications handle all the way from front office trading to back
office portfolio operations for securities markets
in North and South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. From OS to
application, we have access to the source code,
since it was either written in-house or is open-source. We intend for team
members to spend half their time on development
and the other half on operations. Due to the markets we are deployed in,
and since we operate our own code, the operational
part of the job involves working in shifts. During each shift cycle about
20% of the time would be spent in an early shift starting
4:00AM and another 20% would be spent in the late shift ending 12:00
midnight. The remaining 60% would be in
fairly normal shifts.

Responsibilities

- Operations monitoring and troubleshooting. Dev-Ops work ratio is 50:50.
- Maintain existing and future custom application code and configuration.
- Participate in regular deployment of code updates.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Development work on open source projects like LibreOffice/Thunderbird
based on internal needs.

Requirements

- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Good coding skills in C++/Golang with 0-2 years experience.
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux operating system.
- Ability to research technical problems and solutions online.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to work in any shifts within 4:00 AM IST to 12:00 midnight IST.
- Strong desire to contribute to open-source projects.

Benefits & Perks

- Starting base salary for fresh graduates is 5-8L based on ability.
  For those with work experience, salary will range higher, based on
ability.
- Bonus based on performance.
- One month paid vacation for first year, it can go up to two months from
second year onwards.
- Initial posting based in Chennai but after one year (and proven record of
responsibility) may
  choose to work from home anywhere.

If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume to
careers at ldcs.co.in with a subject line LDCS-firstname-lastname.

Thanks,
Dennis

Libre Data Consultancy Services Private Limited.
www.ldcs.co.in