[PLUG] invitation for holding seminar

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 01:04:08 IST 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 12:36 AM, aditya mitkari
<aditya_mitkari at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Respected sir/ma`am,
> Thank you , the web site is  >> http://pict.acm.org/workshops.html
> name of the event is "Linuxify"
> the duration of the event will about 1 to 1.5 hrs.
> We would like the new computer sci. and IT students to get acquainted with
> LINUX OS that is the main scope of the event
> the main activity would be to teaching them installation of various versions
> of Linux distributions , some basic Linux commands and brief them with
> basics to get them going ...

All of the above in 60-90 minutes?  That's an extremely ambitious plan.

IMO, you should plan at least 6-7 hours and even that may not be enough

> the dates of the event are not finalized but it can be expected to be around
> 26th aug.

26/Aug is a Friday.  Don't expect volunteers to drop their
weekday/daytime job for this event (unless your college has a budget
for a honorarium fee for them).

Suggestion -- plan it on a weekend and publicize it wide (other
colleges).   The objective is to promote FOSS.

Hope this helps a bit with planning your FOSS activities.

-- Arun Khan