[PLUG] PLUG's XMPP group

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Sun Dec 11 16:46:25 IST 2016

On Sunday 11 December 2016 08:41 AM, mukund joglekar wrote:
> How is this related to gnu/linux?

This is in no way related to GNU/Linux.  It is just a platform for people to come together and talk about GNU/Linux and PLUG.

> How is this related to free software?

All the technologies used are either *free* or *open source*(only in case of Monal) software.

XMPP : https://xmpp.org/about/history.html

Diaspora: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/

Conversations: https://github.com/siacs/Conversations

Monal: https://github.com/anurodhp/Monal

Gajim: https://gajim.org/

> Has PLUG already approved this 'diaspora' affair?

As mentioned above, diaspora* is free software and the diasp.in and poddery.com pods, which run this software, are maintained by the Indian community.  The only reason to get an account on either of these pods is to get the necessary credentials to use the XMPP service.

> If the answer to any of these 3 questions is 'No', I propose that PLUG completely dis-associate itself with this activity.

Our only motto here is to be more acquainted with all the members of PLUG and if need be, provide real time support to the people in need.

Dhanesh B. Sabane [dhanesh95]
https://openctrl.wordpress.com