[PLUG] News about GNUnify 2016 in TOI - 15th Feb 2016

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:04:48 IST 2016

See inline...

On 2/15/16, Ashwin <ashwin.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/15/16 9:53 AM, Gaurav Pant wrote:
>> On 2/15/16, chandrakant dhutadmal <cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> It is there in e-Paper.
>>> Regards
>>> Chandrakant Dhutadmal
>>>

>>>      On Monday, February 15, 2016 8:41 AM, Gaurav Pant
>>> <gauravggs at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>>   Hi everyone
>>>
>>> There is a new article about GNUnify 2016 in Times of India edition
>>> today 15th Feb 2016 in page 9 under the heading "Tech Experts Guide
>>> Workshop on Open Source Software".
>>>
>>> Not sure if it is available on The website yet.
>> Update:
>> Very interestingly the article says that Opera Browser is Open Source!
>> Searched the opera site but could not clearly find any thing
>> mentioning it to be Open Source.
>>

> You really believed and tried to searched on Opera site after reading ToI.
> I would never bother to read anything on ToI and if I did would never
> take a ToI article at its face value.
> The ToI and their reporters are worthless, they never research on any
> subject.
>
> with Regards,
> Ashwin

It seems the opera site itself has a misleading link, a search on
google "is opera browser Opensource" results in one of the following:

Opera 12 is now open source project under the GNU GPL
http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?ver=12%20is%20now%20open%20source%20project%20under%20the%20GNU%20GPL.%20Here%20is%20the%20source%20code

Opera 12. for Windows. Surf the Web with lightning speed, using the
fastest browser ever. ... This is a stable release. The latest beta
release is Opera 35.

Of course the page does not have any link saying any thing about the
license etc.

It seems the page is just fooling people.

--
Gaurav Pant