[PLUG] Looking for a portrait / vertical monitor

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Thu Jan 7 19:51:08 IST 2016

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 07:43:29PM +0530, Gaurav Pant wrote:
> > I am looking for a largish (15-20") monitor that can be used in portrait
> > (vertical) viewing mode, with pivot/swivel stand.
> >

> Just buy any monitor and use display rotation by 90 Deg. You can buy stand
> separately for vertical standing.
> Just make sure the monitor has for screw at the back to fix standard stand.

I think the viewing angles of most monitors are designed for landscape
mode. It could be strenuous to the eyes to rotate such monitor. Hardly any
manufacturer seems to be providing such details.

I think I might just buy a landscape one of a larger size than I need and
get the height needed to read typical portrait documents without
scrolling. It will waste horizontal space but will provide the height
needed.

Mayuresh