[PLUG] Looking for a portrait / vertical monitor

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Fri Jan 8 11:14:53 IST 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 09:29:24AM +0530, Gaurav Pant wrote:
> 22 inch gives around 10.5 inches height and 15 inch give around 8 inches in
> normal portrait mode,
I guess, for 22 inch, the smaller dimension (landscape height) will be at
least 12 inch. No?

I went by this table:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_size

I'll check out in showrooms. Hope some of the shops let me try out viewing
some pdf documents by connecting my tab's hdmi output.

> I have uploaded a picture here for comparison.
> http://www.opensourcecook.in/three-monitors
Thanks. It's a good looking setup.

> The vertical mode is really helpful if you have long pages of code, editing
> web pages etc.
Undoubtedly...

Mayuresh.