[PLUG] Its time to take action....

Vikas Tara vik at hamaralinux.org
Sat Jul 16 19:21:54 IST 2016

On 16/07/16 14:48, Vikas Tara wrote:

>> New National Education Policy-2016 draft has recently been made
>> available to public for inputs.
>> This whole draft does not refer Free and Open Source Software even once !
>>
>> Free Software is the real future of tomorrow. Without Free Software,
>> Education Policy is meaningless.
>> Friends, this new policy draft clearly indicates that Education and
>> in turn the whole Country will continue to be slave of Microsoft if
>> we don't act immediately.
>>
>> We must hang together and pressurize MHRD to make FOSS mandatory in
>> Education. This must be done before 31st July 2016, as this is the
>> last date given by MHRD to accept suggestions of citizens about NEP-2016.
>> Please sign the petition before 31st July 2016 and save our country :
>>
>> https://www.change.org/p/petition-for-mandating-use-of-free-and-open-source-software-in-new-education-policy-2016
>>
>> This Petition is supported by Free Software Foundation (FSF, India),
>> Digital Freedom Foundation and many Linux and FOSS Groups.
>> Kindly share this message as early as possible with maximum number of
>> FOSS lovers.
>>
>> Thanks and  Regards
>> Milind
>> -------------
>> *"Yes. We need spread the word to all the groups to seek more
>> signatures. It is an important petition"**
>> ** - Prof Nagarjuna G, **
>> **Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education,**
>> **Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai,**
>> Chairman, FSF, India.****
>> *
> Thanks for the heads up - we will start promoting this too!
>
> Regards
>

> Vik

Arrg! I just went to sign and realised it's an advert for BOSS Linux :(

I think you'll do better in terms of engaging other FOSS projects and
community if the petition and video are about FOSS rather than a single
product.

Perhaps we can come up with a video that celebrates Indian FOSS projects
such as ours or GnuKhata?