[PLUG] Need help in choosing new laptop for Linux use.

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:11:29 IST 2016

Hi Atul,

--- On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Atul Sowani <sowani at gmail.com> wrote:
| I considered option of buying HP laptops with FreeDOS and then installing
| Linux (Ubuntu primarily),
\--

I'd recommend the Thinkpad E series (in India) that comes with FreeDOS
or no operating system. I support these models because they give the
user the choice to install any OS.

  http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e460/

  http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e450/

  http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e550/

They are not very expensive, and have excellent keyboards. For a few
thousands more, you can add more RAM and benefit from the speed. They
are also not very heavy, and weigh less than 2 kg. The anti-glare
screen is easy on the eyes, especially when you spend long hours
before the laptop.

Most GNU/Linux distributions should work out of the box on these hardware.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan