[PLUG] Need suggestions for ADSL wifi router

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 05:40:02 IST 2017

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for reply.
>
> @Arun,
> I am using tata's net in Pune since last 11 years. They gave a modem which
> as you mentioned, cannot be called a router.
> I am planning use my office laptop on wifi to work from anywhere in
> home.Currently I am using RJ45 cable, which makes me unmovable.
> So it is just an upgrade for me from wired device to a wifi device :)

Then you can save yourself the hassles of finding a compatible
ADSL/WiFi device with Tata Indicom (TI).

Simply connect a WiFi AP from it's LAN port to one of the RJ45 ports
on the TI's modem/gateway and get the mobility you are looking for.
In fact, I had a modem/gateway with a WiFi AP built in but opted for
an external WiFi AP that ran on openWRT.

HTH,
-- Arun