[PLUG] New Indian ubuntu mirror

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:50:17 IST 2017

at bottom :-

On 27/06/2017, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>

> BTW any1 checked download speed from Ubuntu machines hosted on AWS
> regional datacenter in India?
> And similarly from other DC's in India?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amey.

I vaguely remember Hathway DC (at mumbai) 5+ years ago storing various
community distros. including Debian. Later they took out under some
pressure ( MS maybe, who knows)

There were high hopes from Reliance DC but they are firmly in Apple's
pockets, so don't think it will happen anytime soonish (unless the
govt. steps up its efforts to have foss in its projects and puts some
kind of notification to have availability of community distros. on
various DC's in India)

This would require some kind of serious pressure from various free
software groups spread all over India.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com