[PLUG] Debian 9 Stretch release party

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Sat Jun 17 22:12:26 IST 2017

On Friday 16 June 2017 11:21 AM, Dhanesh B. Sabane wrote:
> I'll post the plan of the party on the mailing list after we finalize it
> and then we can decide whether this can be conducted as an activity of
> PLUG.

We had a productive meeting yesterday and had a lot of help to discuss
on the agenda for the release party. Here's the agenda we have agreed on:

*Activities to be conducted*

1. Cake cutting

2. A talk on how Debian is better and why you should use it

3. A talk on getting started with contributions to Debian/Linux or FOSS
in general

4. GNU/Linux distribution install fest

*Date*

1st or 2nd July, 2017

*Venue*

We haven't decided this yet. We have identified two potential venues:
SICSR and COEP.

I would like to know if we can officially conduct this as an activity of
PLUG. If yes, we can then go forward with SICSR as the first choice venue.

Everyone here is welcome to join in any way possible. Also, if anyone
has any queries or suggestions, feel free to convey it.

Dhanesh B. Sabane
https://dhanesh95.gitlab.io