[PLUG] [OT] Does anybody know of a good mp4+mp3 player (mips or android based) which is available in the mkt.

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:23:15 IST 2017

A simple mp3 music player (lookalike of that matchbox size American product
) is available for about 200 Rs. Worth spending that kind of money for
trial.

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 6:49 PM, mallapadi niranjan <
niranjan.ashok at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if this helps, But i don't use a smartphone and for my music
> needs, i use sandisk mp3 player[1].
>
> For me it's enough (doesn't play videos.), very durable , very
> lightweight, and you can install rockbox [2]. to support
> flac, ogg formats (audio).  Its as durable as old nokia 1100 phones.
>
> This mp3 player is not fancy and it works on Linux , and is detected as
> usb and just copy paste your songs on to the usb drive. I am
> using this mp3 player for last 5 years and its the best companion.
>

> 1.http://www.amazon.in/SANDISK-SDMX24-008G-A46K-Sport-Players-Black/dp/
> B00HWIM3B2?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=sandisk%20mp3%
> 20player&qid=1498310032&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2
> 2.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockbox
>
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 June 2017 at 21:01, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > I'm on the lookout of a good mp4+mp3 player (which means it should
>> > show videos if I chose to) or either just hear the songs or whatever
>> > audio is there. With this it should be able to step up and step down
>> > battery consumption.
>>
>> I can think of that famous product [by Mr.Jobs ;-)] which rocked music
>> player concept several years back.
>> The tiny music player with white ear-in headphones.
>> The newest version of that player is available in matchbox size which
>> don't have any screen but amazing battery life as it just plays music
>> that too via headphones.
>> Also, those player variants are compliant with specific standards i.e.
>> less harmful to ears & other parts of body. Of course maximum volume
>> damages ear.
>>
>> Other than that,I can immediately think of that famous Japanese company.
>> They still makes good music players.
>>
>> If you can wait till July end, don't bother to grab the 2017 version
>> of that classic phone company's phone from 90's which was the king of
>> Indian mobile phone market.
>> And yes the revamped model is compatible with mp3 format.
>> Ofcourse it has FM radio too & that classic snake game ^_^
>>
>> I personally prefer just a music player without touchscreen but with FM
>> radio.
>> These days there are tons of FM stations in Pune.
>> There is new 95FM channel which most of the time plays classic Hindi
>> songs.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Amey.
>>

>> > I'm sure something like this should be available as I've been thinking
>> > of something like this more than 2-3 years. If anybody knows of any
>> > good brands and places I should look up within the city, please let me
>> > know either through the mailing list or off-list whichever is
>> > preferred.
>> >
>> > Looking to know.
>> >
>> > --
>> >           Regards,
>> >           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>> >   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
> [...]

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.