[PLUG] New Indian ubuntu mirror

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:18:22 IST 2017

Cc Prakash Advani

On 27 June 2017 at 04:07, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a recent post to the ubuntu-in mailing list about a new upcoming
> Indian mirror, see
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-in/2017-June/011694.html

Thanks folks for your efforts.

Just checked.
I am unable to locate ISO images.
I can just see dists.

I am more interested to check download speed for downloading ISO images.
I am pretty sure people from/nearby India will start pulling Ubuntu
ISO images via multiple devices like Android,Unix,Mac & of course
Windows.[If made available]
Corporate folks will refer to this location to download & store Ubuntu
ISO's in their local store & may be also in cloud? :-)

BTW any1 checked download speed from Ubuntu machines hosted on AWS
regional datacenter in India?
And similarly from other DC's in India?

Thanks & Regards,
Amey.