[PLUG] SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and openSUSE are now available for download on Microsoft's Windows Store.

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 22:36:19 IST 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
<sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmmmm.... Where the world is moving to...
>
> SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and openSUSE are now available for download on
> Microsoft's Windows Store. Ubuntu and RH also in the pipeline !!
>
> Read more here:
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-now-suse-linux-comes-to-windows-store-for-insiders/?loc=newsletter_large_thumb_featured&ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=133407

MS and SuSE have had relationships in the past.  IIRC, SuSE Enterprise
Linux was sold by MS -- I don't recall the details of the deal.
The other distros are backed by commercial interests.

Waiting for the day they have the true community distros like  Debian,
Slackware, Arch, Arc etc. for download.  (I don't know if MS offers
images of these on the Azure platform)

-- Arun