[PLUG] OpenStreetMap hackathon

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:19:26 IST 2017

On 14/11/2017, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

> I missed that 1.
> Since last 2 months I started contributing to openstreetmap & Mapillary.
> By any chance do we have recording/transcript of that workshop?
>
> As of now I am able to capture GPX traces & upload them of remote areas.
> I also managed to create some POI's but with limited skillsets.
>
> Regards,
> Amey.

Dear Amey,

I *think* that is good enough . Although it hasn't been shared on what
channel it was, if you have got riot.im

https://about.riot.im/

https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web

and you come to know the channel, then you could just add it and get
the transcript/ previous history of how many days you want.

Also for people who were in the packaging session yesterday undertaken
by Praveen here's another one that people could take up along with the
packages of npm

https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/4661

There is also https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/4879 if
somebody wants to hack on that.

A little later - I browsed all the usual suspects, i.e. #pluggies ,
#fsci but didn't get anywhere. I used matrix/riot. I do know that
matrix history pagination sucks among other things. Matrix is far, far
from being feature-completion . The only good thing about it is the
channel backlog but that too is iffy.

I do hope somebody shares the transcript as requested by Amey.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com