[PLUG] HP 1020 Printer issue pausing every page

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:16:51 IST 2017

Hello Everyone,

Recently I upgraded to OpenSuse 42.3 (Leap). Everything seem to work
smoothly.  But when I started using the Printer I have noticed a funny
thing.
If I give more than 1 copy of a page to be printed the print Job is
getting divided into 10 Jobs instead of one.
This is making the printer pause after every page printed stopping
approx for around 3 sec before starting the next print. This was not
happening eariler.

Has any one faced similar issue.

Another issue that I face is that the printer has to be switched off
after connecting to computer once before it gets properly connected,
other wise the hp device manager shows communication error.

I am using the drivers from HP.

Any help would be useful.

Regards
Gaurav Pant