[PLUG] Kmail issues, Thunderbird 52.3.0 & general comments (FWIW)

Skool Looks look.kool at guruvision.com
Sun Sep 24 09:53:54 IST 2017

It was not just akonadi that creating problem for me while working with
kmail...

With recent upgrade kmail also stopped remembering adjusted column sizes
and structure of messages.

There were so many things that started bugging me (for a person who has
almost always used only kmail on Linux.

A friend of mine who started using Thunderbird about 7-8 years ago
ditching Microsoft Outlook because of simplicity and security it offers,
is now a vocal proponent of Thunderbird on Windows even for complex tasks...

Then lightening was a pluggin that was available only for Windows
version of Thunderbird, now I see it as integrated with it by default
even for Linux...

Thanks for redeeming my/your freedom of thought :-)

Some may opt to disagree with this however...

with GPL V3, the movement that was very vocal (till GPL V2) suddenly
seem to loose the steam in licensing although there is/must be lot of
things happening

I haven't heard name of Good Old Richard Mathew Stahlman mentioned
anywhere in last 3-4 years, so somewhere too much licensing associated
complications/pressures seems to have taken a toll (w.r.t. his name)

People definitely want to cooperate, collaborate and achieve few things
in life, including saving some money...

Noobody, however, wants to be bullied (all the time) whether it is Free
and Open Source AND/OR Otherwise (Just my opinion)