[PLUG] Spam over IRC channel

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Mon Aug 20 18:17:17 IST 2018

On August 20, 2018 6:57:02 AM UTC, G Karunakar <karunakar at geekgod.in> wrote:

>I think we have moderators and no OP.

I think we should sort the OP issues on the channel as soon as possible.

>Is it bots which are spamming? Could this be due to bots joining
>through matrix.org link?

Nope. These are not bots joining through matrix.org. These are bots which directly connect to Freenode channels and start spamming.

>I have seen couple joining the channel, posting a link and quiting. I
>assume its not the same nick posting. Maybe difficult to block each
>nick,or perhaps allow known nicks only.

It is always a new nick posting something and quitting. The best defence we have right now is to allow only registered nicks to post to the channel.

Dhanesh B. Sabane
https://dhanesh95.gitlab.io